ted
Is Your House Making You Sick?
28 October 2015 | (No Comments)

Your house is your sanctuary. You seek the comfort and security of your house to protect you from the dangers of the outside world. But did you know that in some situations your very own house can be the biggest danger to your health and that of your loved ones?

In most cases things could be lurking around your house (harmful things that you wouldn’t even know about) that could make the residents of the house seriously ill. Places that can cause most damage include bathrooms and the kitchen (especially leaky sinks, refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.) Roof leaks and even badly cleaned/dried carpets and fabrics collect condensation and make the area around you humid. All of these factors can lead to the rapid growth of mold.

If not caught and removed in time, the presence of mold in your house can lead to various medical conditions. In early stage on mold growth, the residents of the house can suffer from:

  • Muscle Pain
  • Joint Pain
  • Headache
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Memory Loss
  • Visual Disturbances
  • Gastro Intestinal Problems
  • Respiratory Problems

How Does Mold Harm You?

Mold is a type of fungus, just like mushrooms and yeast. Fungi basically grow by releasing reproductive cells (also called spores) into the air. The thing about spores is that they are invisible to the naked eye which makes it near impossible to control them. Spores have the ability to survive in harsh environmental conditions. Even extreme dryness doesn’t kill them, it just makes them dormant. They spring back to life when the conditions become favorable, like extreme dampness and increase in humidity for instance.

Though the estimates vary but most experts agree that the types of fungi range from 100,000 to 400,000. And out of that there are over 1,000 types of mold that grow inside the house. Most of these mold types can be classified in three groups according to human responses.

· Allergenic Molds

They are non-life threatening but they can still prove to be problematic for people who suffer from allergies of asthma. Children are especially susceptible to allergenic molds.

· Pathogenic Molds

Pathogenic molds produce infection which can suppress the immune system. This could lead to hypersensitivity pneumonitis, an acute response that somewhat resembles bacterial pneumonia.

· Toxigenic Molds

This category is defined as the most dangerous because toxigenic molds produce mycotoxins which can have serious health effects on anyone almost instantaneously. Mycotoxins can be unwittingly inhaled, ingest or absorbed through the skin. Possible effects of mycotoxins include immunosuppression and even cancer.

How to Avoid This?

The easiest way to stop mold growth is to make sure that there is no dampness or humidity in your house. Have all your leaky equipment cheaked and fixed by professionals. Choose a professional service, like ours, for your uplholstry and carpet cleaning, because we ensure that everything is cleaned and dried properly so that there is no chance of dampness. For the best service for bed cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile & grout cleaning, rug cleaning, window cleaning and carpet cleaning in Lewisville Texas, you can call ēkoserve right now at (888) 485-8048

Comments are closed.